Honda Odyssey insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to buy lower-priced Honda Odyssey insurance in Atlanta? Tired of sacrificing other expenses to insure your Honda every month? Your situation is no different than many other people in Georgia.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Atlanta can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Because there are so many different company options, it's nearly impossible to find the cheapest insurance company.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Atlanta is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you're about to read. Drivers just have to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes using one simple form.
How to compare Honda Odyssey insurance quotes in Atlanta, GA
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Odyssey EX W/Rear Entertainment||$336||$612||$516||$30||$154||$1,648||$137|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$170||$350||$406||$24||$122||$1,072||$89|
|Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$238||$514||$378||$22||$114||$1,266||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Honda Odyssey premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below visualizes the comparison of Honda Odyssey auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Honda Odyssey settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Check for these eight discounts on Honda Odyssey insurance in Atlanta
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a safe driver course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta could trigger savings on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Odyssey can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including home ownership, multi-policy, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, multi-policy, newly married, new vehicle discount, new move discount, teen driver discount, and good student.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, good driver, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered in your area. To view car insurance companies who offer discounts in Georgia, click here to view.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Atlanta Odyssey insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Odyssey with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Honda Odyssey and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but work with a local Atlanta insurance agent
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
After receiving good feedback and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found a company that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Specific coverages for a Honda Odyssey
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Georgia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Georgia limits are 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, vandalism, falling objects, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, emergency aid and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Georgia requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as hospital visits, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your Odyssey from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Odyssey to save money on collision insurance.