Want to learn how to save money and find lower-priced Dodge Nitro insurance in Atlanta? Nobody that owns a car is fond of buying car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in Atlanta can cut their rates by $1,000 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. You have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates for Dodge Nitro insurance in Atlanta.
Companies offering Dodge Nitro insurance in Georgia
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$284||$568||$578||$34||$172||$1,636||$136|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$186||$332||$502||$30||$150||$1,200||$100|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$162||$272||$502||$30||$150||$1,116||$93|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$304||$420||$444||$26||$134||$1,328||$111|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$338||$518||$600||$36||$180||$1,672||$139|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$214||$322||$582||$34||$174||$1,326||$111|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$386||$612||$582||$34||$174||$1,788||$149|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$332||$704||$538||$32||$162||$1,768||$147|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$282||$414||$582||$34||$174||$1,486||$124|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$268||$436||$426||$26||$128||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase coverage prices substantially.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can influence Dodge Nitro car insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Age-based car insurance rates by gender
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Nitro car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Atlanta insurance discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta car insurance but check with your company.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Georgia, click here.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Theft deterrents save - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop car theft.
- What are your deductibles? - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Lower stress equals lower prices - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and miners generally pay higher premium rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as actors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- No claims equals better rates - Companies in Georgia generally give discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Many car insurance companies afford a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Driving citations increase prices - How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Even one ticket can bump up the cost substantially. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with severe tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- Save money by having responsible credit - Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Dodge Nitro if you improve your credit rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings.
When to contact an insurance agency
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company shouldn't rely on just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Atlanta car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you're trying to find a local agent, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
Randy Beavers - State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy - Atlanta, GA 30328 - (770) 396-3810 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you've probably found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the cheapest premium rates by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make the point that people will save if you just switch your insurance coverage to their company.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. For instance, a profitable insured may need to be over the age of 50, carries high limits, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer who matches that profile receives the best premium rates in Atlanta and will save when they switch companies.
Insureds who do not match these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which leads to business not being written. The wording the ads use say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. That's the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare free Atlanta car insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict the company that will have better rates than you're paying now.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your Dodge Nitro insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Atlanta car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)