Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Ford F-150 in Georgia could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and get the cheapest rates.
You need to check insurance prices every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best deal on Ford F-150 insurance in Atlanta six months ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, use these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Shopping around for the best car insurance coverage in Atlanta can be fairly easy. Shoppers just need to understand the fastest way to shop their coverage around online.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current F-150 insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper F-150 insurance.
- Telematics Discount - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- E-sign - A handful of companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, ease of repair, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, homeowner, mature driver, switch companies, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm discounts include good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver's education.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including premier plus, economy car, FullPay discount, auto/life discount, teenSMART discount, premier discount, and farm vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
When getting free Atlanta car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurance companies who offer cheap Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Atlanta, follow this link.
Low cost Ford F-150 insurance prices in Atlanta, GA
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$216||$266||$394||$24||$118||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$336||$502||$516||$30||$154||$1,538||$128|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$290||$578||$476||$28||$142||$1,514||$126|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$254||$518||$444||$26||$134||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$208||$332||$402||$24||$120||$1,086||$91|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$304||$420||$394||$24||$118||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$214||$264||$516||$30||$154||$1,178||$98|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$182||$260||$402||$24||$120||$988||$82|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$386||$502||$516||$30||$154||$1,588||$132|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$212||$332||$414||$24||$124||$1,106||$92|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$300||$512||$30||$154||$1,176||$98|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$292||$518||$444||$26||$134||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$276||$388||$406||$24||$122||$1,216||$101|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$192||$244||$406||$24||$122||$988||$82|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$270||$332||$402||$24||$120||$1,148||$96|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$240||$332||$444||$26||$134||$1,176||$98|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$298||$520||$378||$22||$114||$1,332||$111|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$218||$352||$378||$22||$114||$1,084||$90|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$336||$590||$476||$28||$142||$1,572||$131|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$192||$296||$406||$24||$122||$1,040||$87|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$366||$690||$512||$30||$154||$1,752||$146|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$212||$322||$394||$24||$118||$1,070||$89|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$330||$578||$512||$30||$154||$1,604||$134|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$436||$612||$516||$30||$154||$1,748||$146|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$274||$476||$476||$28||$142||$1,396||$116|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$182||$392||$444||$26||$134||$1,178||$98|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$328||$706||$414||$24||$124||$1,596||$133|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$192||$350||$406||$24||$122||$1,094||$91|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$348||$556||$406||$24||$122||$1,456||$121|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$424||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,888||$157|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$366||$742||$444||$26||$134||$1,712||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify prices noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Ford F-150 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Atlanta
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims raise Ford F-150 auto insurance rates for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the things insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Do you really need to file that insurance claims? - Insurance companies in Georgia generally give most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Do you save by driving less? - The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your F-150 may be costing you. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance coverage shows the correct usage, because it can save money.
Careless drivers pay higher prices - Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even one citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe tickets like reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Can a thief steal your car? - Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Affects performance affects auto insurance rates - The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are for economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Ford F-150 is a pickup truck, rates will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Atlanta.
Gals pay lower rates - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. They also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Ford F-150 claim data - Companies analyze historical claim data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the historical loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford F-150 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD||67||110||39|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD||42||93||72|
|Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD||75||76||101||56||57||76|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is my Ford F-150 covered for flood damage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Georgia?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurer shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Atlanta?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from local Atlanta agents, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Atlanta agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Both can handle insurance, but it's worth learning the difference between them since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Quentin Franklin - State Farm Insurance Agent
587 Virginia Ave NE Unit 3A - Atlanta, GA 30306 - (404) 575-4147 - View Map
- Shiron Kilgore - State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 527-4883 - View Map
- Aaron Frazier - State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 233-4847 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
Protect more than your F-150
Even though Atlanta F-150 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford F-150 has a loan, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Georgia is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Be persistent and save
We just presented a lot of information how to reduce Ford F-150 insurance rates online in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper auto insurance in Atlanta is definitely available online in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)