Price shopping your Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta is quite difficult for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. People have so many choices that it can quickly become a real challenge to find the lowest price on Ford Fusion insurance.
It's hard to believe, but most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Georgia drivers could save an average of about 60% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare other rate quotes.
It's smart to get comparison quotes once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rate on Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. But Georgia car owners should learn how companies market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering Ford Fusion insurance in Georgia
The companies shown below provide quotes in Georgia. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$590||$476||$28||$142||$1,534||$128|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$720||$394||$24||$118||$1,638||$137|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$680||$502||$30||$150||$1,694||$141|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$500||$370||$22||$110||$1,266||$106|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$592||$444||$26||$134||$1,492||$124|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$476||$378||$22||$114||$1,232||$103|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$362||$370||$22||$110||$1,046||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Ford Fusion insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get affordable Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Fusion insurance in Atlanta.
- Life Insurance Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Atlanta Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- College Student Discount - Children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Drivers who insure all your vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Fusion can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, business and professional, good student, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, good driver, multi-policy, online shopper, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, bundle discounts, anti-theft, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, driver's education, and student away at school.
If you are trying to find cheaper Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Atlanta, click here.
Informed Drivers Save on Insurance
Many factors are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
- Vehicle options impact car insurance rates - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Which gender costs less? - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Premiums drop with age - Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.Youthful drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- File a insurance claims and pay more - Car insurance companies in Georgia give cheaper rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more - Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your Ford. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Prices are affected by your address - Being located in a rural area has definite advantages when talking about car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Georgia cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Better prices on safer cars - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Fusion has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Traffic violations will cost you - Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get serious citations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Ford Fusion insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies use claims history to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Ford Fusion Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Does my Ford Fusion need full coverage?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What if I total my Ford Fusion and owe more than it's worth?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Some consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Atlanta that may be willing to give price quotes for Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta.
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 - Atlanta, GA 30308 - (404) 524-2292 - View Map
- Ryan King - State Farm Insurance Agent
3355 Lenox Rd NE #230 - Atlanta, GA 30326 - (404) 816-3276 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, chances are good that you have found a company that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Insurance savings promises
Popular insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies advertise claims that you'll save big if you get a free Atlanta car insurance quote and switch to their company. How does every company save you money on Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta? Here is how they do it.
Different companies give the best rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For example, a profitable risk profile might be described as a married female, carries full coverage, and insures a new vehicle. A propective insured who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest rates and have a good chance to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not fit the "perfect" profile will have to pay a more expensive rate and this results in business going elsewhere. The ads say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote. Because of this risk profiling, you really should get as many free Atlanta car insurance quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will provide the lowest Ford Fusion insurance in Atlanta.
Quote more and you will save more
Some companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Atlanta is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
While you're price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered many ways to compare Ford Fusion insurance auto insurance rates in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Fusion rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)