Are you drained from sacrificing to make your car insurance payment? Your situation is no different than many other Georgia consumers.
Amazingly, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Georgia drivers could save themselves roughly $959 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Since you have so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be impossible to locate a lower cost company.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Atlanta is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers just have to use how to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Lower rate quotes by receiving discounts
Some providers don't always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta auto insurance online.
- Payment Method - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Memberships - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Entourage insurance in Atlanta.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
A few companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want the cheapest Hyundai Entourage rate quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. To view insurers with discount rates in Georgia, follow this link.
Shop Hyundai Entourage insurance online
Lowering your insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. You just need to spend a few minutes to compare rates provided by online insurance companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive around to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
How Insurance Providers Determine Hyundai Entourage Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better insurance rates.
- Liability protection limits should be high - Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Insurance rates and age - More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.Youthful drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means better insurance rates - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Vehicle options that cut premiums - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
It's not one size fits all
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What does medical payments cover?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Comparing quotes from local Atlanta auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Atlanta who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Atlanta?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Atlanta that are able to give comparison quotes for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Atlanta.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Entourage in Atlanta, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
We just covered many ways to reduce Hyundai Entourage insurance premium rates online in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
As you quote Atlanta auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Additional learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)