Having to pay for expensive Acura ILX insurance in Atlanta can drain your accounts and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparing rates annually is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Unbelievable but true, the majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Atlanta consumers could save $960 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for an Acura ILX in Atlanta, it can be hard to choose a more affordable insurer.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Acura ILX insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best rates in Atlanta seems hard but is not really that difficult. In a nutshell, each driver who has to purchase auto insurance will get better rates. But Georgia consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies sell online and use it to your advantage.
Lower Your Atlanta Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The items below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Physical damage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, protects your Acura from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Consolidate policies with the same company – Most insurance companies provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Better prices with anti-theft devices – Buying a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Reserve auto insurance claims for larger damages – Auto insurance companies in Georgia award most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
High performance equals high prices – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Because the Acura ILX is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. Small economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Acura ILX insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies use claims history to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Acura ILX vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Acura ILX Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to compare free Atlanta Acura ILX insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies give prices direct online. Getting online rates for Acura ILX insurance in Atlanta is quite simple as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system will order reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Acura ILX insurance in Atlanta streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get the best rate.
To find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional in Georgia
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Atlanta, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your ILX, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Acura at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Acura and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting free Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere. To view car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How many years have they been established?
Best car insurance agent in Atlanta
If you are searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Atlanta exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quotes.
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-3511 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance. Keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
Affordable Acura ILX insurance in Atlanta can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to shop for Acura ILX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)