Are you irritated from trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Acura every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Georgia drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes online.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
It’s important to price shop coverage periodically since rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Acura TL insurance in Atlanta six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you already have coverage, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best insurance company for you in Atlanta is actually very simple if you learn how to start. But Georgia vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Acura TL insurance in Atlanta is to understand car insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like distance driven, which vehicles you own, if you’re married, and any included safety features. The data is instantly provided to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To check Acura TL insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$328||$706||$414||$24||$124||$1,596||$133|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$328||$706||$414||$24||$124||$1,596||$133|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$392||$694||$516||$30||$154||$1,786||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the difference between Acura TL insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn’t a written rule to delete physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura TL settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura TL in Atlanta, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura TL with a loan, most banks will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Acura and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Earn discounts on Atlanta insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current TL insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Atlanta drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, air bags, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, air bags, and good student.
- 21st Century has discounts for driver training, defensive driver, student driver, teen driver, air bags, and early bird.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
Double check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want a local Atlanta insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Atlanta can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
DeWayne Hrabowski – State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 – Atlanta, GA 30310 – (404) 758-5400 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How long have they been in business?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Shop smart and save
When searching for affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-conscious Acura TL insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)