Finding the cheapest insurance for an Acura ZDX in Georgia could be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Acura and get the lowest possible price.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best price on Acura ZDX insurance in Atlanta a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Acura ZDX insurance in Atlanta is to realize most insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All you need to do is give them rating details like level of coverage desired, the ages of drivers, the make and model of your vehicles, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your rating data is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$312||$516||$406||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$250||$558||$512||$30||$154||$1,504||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in Atlanta location which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Acura ZDX auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Acura ZDX replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The information below illustrates the comparison of Acura ZDX car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cautious drivers save money
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can increase Acura ZDX insurance prices for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Save money with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every possible discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, anti-theft, good student, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, and driver training.
If you need low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate companies who offer discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Insuring your Acura vehicle just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Atlanta, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Acura but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your ZDX outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Atlanta should be forthright in answering these questions:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you want a local Atlanta insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Phyllis Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 812-9951 - View Map
- Bryant Thompson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 228-6085 - View Map
- Shiron Kilgore - State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 527-4883 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a - Atlanta, GA 30312 - (404) 474-6356 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 - Atlanta, GA 30327 - (404) 550-3448 - View Map