Want more affordable Ford Edge insurance in Atlanta? Cutting costs on Ford Edge insurance in Atlanta is difficult for drivers who have little experience online insurance quotes. With so many insurers available, it can easily be a real difficult job to find the best coverage rates.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Georgia could save an average of as much as 60% each year, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around once or twice a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Ford Edge insurance in Atlanta a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Companies offering cheap Ford Edge rate quotes in Atlanta, GA
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Edge SE 2WD||$268||$462||$406||$24||$122||$1,282||$107|
|Edge SE AWD||$186||$404||$444||$26||$134||$1,194||$100|
|Edge SEL 2WD||$256||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,304||$109|
|Edge Limited 2WD||$140||$316||$444||$26||$134||$1,060||$88|
|Edge SEL AWD||$140||$332||$444||$26||$134||$1,076||$90|
|Edge Limited AWD||$282||$486||$516||$30||$154||$1,468||$122|
|Edge Sport 2WD||$292||$682||$512||$30||$154||$1,670||$139|
|Edge Sport AWD||$170||$350||$406||$24||$122||$1,072||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Atlanta location which can decrease or increase rates greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below shows how violations and accidents can drive up Ford Edge annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Informed Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Save money with higher deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- Don’t cut corners with liability – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- More traffic equals higher prices – Being located in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Always have insurance – Not maintaining insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Reduce insurance rates by driving safer vehicles – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Good credit means lower costs – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Ford Edge if you clean up your credit.
- Ford Edge insurance claim data – Auto insurance companies use claims history to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Ford Edge vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Edge Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Edge 4dr 2WD 53 93 Ford Edge 4dr 4WD 71 108 75
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Atlanta auto insurance rates with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new Edge can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to monitor driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide offers discounts including Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, good student, and seat belt use.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and multi-car.
- 21st Century discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen driver, air bags, early bird, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, air bag, and bundle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always include rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a – Atlanta, GA 30312 – (404) 474-6356 – View Map
- White and White Insurance
2882 E Point St – Atlanta, GA 30344 – (404) 766-9390 – View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Eddie Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 – Atlanta, GA 30346 – (770) 394-5068 – View Map
- Phyllis Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
1442 Dresden Dr NE #253 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 812-9951 – View Map
- Jerome Johnson, Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clairmont Rd b – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 321-6688 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Atlanta?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- If my Ford Edge is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Affordable insurance rates are out there
More affordable insurance in Atlanta is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Atlanta auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
We just presented a lot of techniques to find affordable Ford Edge insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
When you buy Atlanta auto insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)