How long has it been since you compared low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Atlanta? If online insurance comparisons are new to you, you may be baffled because of the huge number of insurance companies offering coverage in Atlanta.
Statistics show that most insurance buyers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Georgia can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. The purpose of this article is to tell you how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. But Georgia consumers do need to know the way insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest way to compare rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Atlanta is to know the fact most insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information including your education level, whether you are single or married, if you have a valid license, and if it has an alarm system. The rating information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Georgia but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Ford Freestyle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Respected companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the promise about savings just by moving your coverage. How does every company have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the words they use.
Car insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of risk profile may be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and drives a safe vehicle. Any customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get low prices and will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who cannot meet these stringent criteria may be forced to pay higher rates and the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why you should do a quote comparison often. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best Ford Freestyle insurance in Atlanta.
Cheaper rates on Ford Freestyle insurance in Atlanta with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could be rewarded with cheaper car insurance rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Atlanta car insurance depending on your company.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, early bird, accident-free, and air bags.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, defensive driving, business or organization, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, theft prevention, defensive driver, teen driver, student driver, air bags, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, good student, business and professional, teen driver, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and early shopping.
- Allstate may have discounts that include auto/life discount, passive restraint, farm vehicle, new car, anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, and FullPay discount.
If you want affordable Ford Freestyle insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Atlanta, click this link.
Car insurance agents can help
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jerome Johnson, Sr. – State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clairmont Rd b – Atlanta, GA 30329 – (404) 321-6688 – View Map
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 – Atlanta, GA 30308 – (404) 524-2292 – View Map
- State Farm: Dave Simpson Jr
2240 Fairburn Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 344-9777 – View Map
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get several quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Slater Insurance Agency LLC
501 Pulliam St SW #514a – Atlanta, GA 30312 – (404) 474-6356 – View Map
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-3511 – View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
Cheaper insurance is out there
As you quote Atlanta car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price.
Cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Atlanta is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)