Having to pay for overpriced Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Atlanta can dwindle your family's budget and put a big crunch on your finances.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,700, Atlanta drivers could cut their rates by about 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company. Having so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Lincoln Mark LT in Atlanta, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Smart Buyers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Save miles and save money - Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Mark LT is throwing money out the window. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons - Policies have extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Keep auto insurance claims to a minimum - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Georgia give discounts to people who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Get better rates if married - Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more responsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Theft deterrents save - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Women tend to be lower risk - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Males and females have fender benders at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Younger drivers pay high prices - Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Most companies allow consumers to get price estimates on the web. Getting Lincoln Mark LT insurance prices online is pretty easy as you just type in your required coverages on the page. After you complete the form, the company's rating system collects credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest payment possible.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you might not save $381 a year
Consumers can't ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise about how much you will save if you change your car insurance policy to them.
But how can every company lower your prices? Here is how they do it.
Most companies offer their best rates for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of insured could be a married male, has no claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer that hits that "sweet spot" will get low premium rates and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who do not meet these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay higher rates and ends up with business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that kind of money. That's why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to guess the company that will have the lowest rate quotes.
Insurance in Georgia serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln Mark LT insurance, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Georgia overpays more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to save money.
Get cheaper Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver Safety - Passing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
When getting free Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Different types of Atlanta car insurance agents
If you need to find a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta who may provide you with price quotes.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance prices, it's a good idea to get quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you receive satisfactory answers to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide insurance.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Georgia?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- If my Lincoln Mark LT is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Persistence pays off
When you buy Atlanta auto insurance online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered many ways to save on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lincoln Mark LT rate quotes. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Low-cost Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Atlanta is available both online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)