Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as most other drivers in Georgia.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in the U.S. could pocket nearly 46.5% a year, but they don't believe the large savings they would see if they changed companies. There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the lowest rates for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Atlanta.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best price on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it's time to teach you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Comparing rates for the most affordable car insurance coverage in Atlanta is actually quite simple. If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. Smart buyers just have to know the proper methods to quote multiple rates online.
Mazda RX-8 Insurance Price Factors
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The following are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Prevent theft and save - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder vehicle theft.
Gender as a rate factor - Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women tend to get into fender benders in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
Premiums impacted by your city - Living in a rural area can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. City drivers regularly have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Discounts for married drivers - Your spouse can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Safety ratings are a factor - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Mazda has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Many insurance companies allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. The process is very simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into a form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system will order your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. Getting online rate quotes for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Atlanta makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to do this in order to find a lower rate.
To compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$268||$502||$444||$26||$134||$1,374||$115|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$328||$716||$444||$26||$134||$1,648||$137|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$328||$680||$444||$26||$134||$1,612||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mazda RX-8 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Mazda RX-8 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $800 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Buying the right Mazda RX-8 insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda RX-8 with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Mazda and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Georgia is overpaying over $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower rate quotes on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Atlanta with these discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Buy New and Save - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To choose companies who offer online Mazda RX-8 insurance quotes in Georgia, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Atlanta car insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to all your questions as well as inexpensive Mazda RX-8 insurance in Atlanta quotes, you may have found an insurer that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy. But keep in mind policyholders can terminate your policy whenever you choose to so don't feel you're contractually obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)