Looking for the cheapest Chevy Sonic insurance in Atlanta? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced insurance can deplete your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Performing a price comparison can help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers in Georgia have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in the U.S. can save up to $850 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Vehicle owners have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Atlanta seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, use these cost-cutting techniques to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just need to learn the tricks to shop online from multiple companies.
Car insurance policy discounts for Chevy Sonic insurance in Atlanta
Some providers do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount - Certain car insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
For a list of companies who offer online Chevy Sonic insurance quotes in Georgia, click this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Chevy Sonic insurance in Atlanta is to realize most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as how many miles driven, what your job is, level of coverage desired, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information is automatically sent to multiple insurance providers and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Chevy Sonic now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Seven factors that influence insurance rates
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Single vs. married - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Annual mileage impacts rates - The more you drive your Chevy in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Sonic may be wasting your money. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy reflects the correct usage.
Optional features that lower premiums - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
With age comes responsibility - Teen drivers in Georgia have been known to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
Is you occupation costing you more? - Occupations like real estate brokers, airline pilots, and stock brokers usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Pay more by driving carelessly - Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single driving citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Raising physical damage deductibles saves money - Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Chevy Sonic insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Sonic Models
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in Georgia?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which family members are covered?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
If you need to find a reliable agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Atlanta agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can handle car insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
DeWayne Hrabowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 758-5400 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you should always compare prices from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-9744 - View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to these questions and inexpensive Chevrolet Sonic insurance in Atlanta quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can provide car insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your policy when you choose so never assume that you are obligated to any specific company with no way to switch.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Sonic in Atlanta, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Sonic and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
More effort can pay off
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Sonic insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you quote Atlanta auto insurance, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)