Are you frustrated by the number of insurance providers in Atlanta? You have so many choices that it can turn into a chore to find the perfect company for you. Everyone knows that Atlanta is a great place to live, but paying high insurance rates can make it impossible to be able to afford adequate insurance coverage limits.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Georgia consumers can save up to $1,000 each year, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Low-cost companies for Ford C-Max Energi insurance
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save with these discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Atlanta car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, driver training, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, multi-policy, anti-theft, professional/association, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, youthful driver, distant student, switch companies, business and professional, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for air bags, student away at school, paid in full, safe vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, new move discount, safety features, multi-car, new graduate, and good student.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, military installation, vehicle storage, driver training, new vehicle, and loyalty savings.
If you are trying to find affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Atlanta. To locate providers with discount insurance rates in Atlanta, click here.
How You Can Control Ford C-Max Energi Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The following are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Rates can change based on your address – Having an address in a small town can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. People who live in big cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower prices – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- High coverage deductibles reduce rates – The deductibles you choose define the amount the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Ford C-Max Energi is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in Atlanta.
- Higher premiums for specific occupations – Occupational choices like doctors, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major insurance companies apply better rates to buyers that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Georgia generally give cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Georgia?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long has their agency been in business in Atlanta?
- Does their agency support local causes in Atlanta?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes.
- Aaron Frazier – State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 233-4847 – View Map
- Geoff Carlson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 927-9977 – View Map
- Trevor Nollner – State Farm Insurance Agent
881 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #17 – Atlanta, GA 30306 – (678) 515-8297 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 660-3821 – View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Walter Wade Agency
4401 Northside Pkwy NW #311 – Atlanta, GA 30327 – (404) 550-3448 – View Map
When searching for affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Atlanta can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so get free Atlanta car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)