Have you finally had enough of not being able to afford to pay your insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as most other vehicle owners in Georgia.
Shocking but true, a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Georgia could save 60% every year, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the large number of insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to pick a more affordable insurance company.
Affordable companies for GMC Yukon insurance in Georgia
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$370||$600||$402||$24||$120||$1,516||$126|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$242||$322||$516||$30||$154||$1,264||$105|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$264||$426||$370||$22||$110||$1,192||$99|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$408||$690||$512||$30||$154||$1,794||$150|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$236||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,152||$96|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$298||$550||$512||$30||$154||$1,544||$129|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$370||$680||$454||$26||$136||$1,666||$139|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$418||$954||$538||$32||$162||$2,104||$175|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$520||$1154||$600||$36||$180||$2,490||$208|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$294||$652||$502||$30||$150||$1,628||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact GMC Yukon insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better car insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Yukon insurance in Atlanta.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Atlanta may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Yukon is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits possibly include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine GMC Yukon Insurance Prices?
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower insurance prices.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into premiums.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Gender impacts prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women get in accidents at about the same rate, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Liability coverage is important – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for lower cost passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the GMC Yukon is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Atlanta.
- Drive less and get lower prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Yukon is throwing money out the window.
- Good credit means lower prices – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your GMC Yukon by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Use one insurance company and save – Some insurance companies provide discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other Atlanta Yukon insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Deter theft and lower premiums – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Insurance loss probability for a GMC Yukon – Car insurance companies use claims history when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for GMC Yukon vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
GMC Yukon Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Yukon 4dr 2WD 86 96 112 66 GMC Yukon 4dr 4WD 86 89 117 63 61 69 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 2WD 111 99 137 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 4WD 104 126 128 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Compare rates but work with a local Atlanta insurance agent
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from small agencies is still important in Atlanta.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Atlanta agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to give you pricing information.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Once you have reasonable responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that will properly insure your vehicles.
Big names are not always cheapest
Popular insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to advertise the message that drivers can save some big amount just by switching your insurance coverage to their company. How can each company offer drivers better rates?
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be described as over the age of 45, carries high limits, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anyone who fits that profile will probably get the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who may not quite match those standards will have to pay more expensive rates which translates to business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many free Atlanta auto insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest GMC Yukon insurance in Atlanta.
Do the work, save more money
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on GMC Yukon insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)