Having to pay for high-priced Lexus RC 200t insurance in Atlanta can bottom out your budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Price shopping at each renewal can help to lower your monthly bill.
Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save about $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to do a rate comparison. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite cheapest price on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Atlanta.
Companies offering Lexus RC 200t insurance in Atlanta
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Get cheaper Lexus RC 200t insurance rates in Atlanta
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap RC 200t insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Atlanta can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow companies to spy on where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, claim-free
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, good student, annual mileage, and type of vehicle.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, family plan, good student, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
The itemized list below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Premiums impacted by vehicle usage - The higher the miles on your Lexus annually the more you'll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. A policy that improperly rates your RC 200t may be wasting your money. Double check that your car insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Georgia provide cheaper rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you.
- Liability limits are a factor - Liability insurance kicks in if a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can add up if you aren't diligent. Insurance for personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Better rates for no policy lapses - Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Marriage can lower costs - Having a wife or husband may save some money on your car insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Atlanta?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Will my Lexus RC 200t be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Atlanta?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When researching a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Atlanta are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive good responses to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Consumers in Georgia get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best premium rates from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise about how much you will save if you move your car insurance policy to them.
Is it even possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? It's all in the words they use.
Insurance companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For instance, a profitable insured may be a female over age 40, carries high limits, and has great credit. A driver who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap rates and will also cut their Lexus RC 200t insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for these criteria will probably have to pay a more expensive rate which results in business not being written. The ads say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can state the savings. Because of these techniques, it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It's just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will give you lower prices than your current company.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Lexus RC 200t insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Much more information about insurance in Georgia is available below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)