Nobody enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they know the prices are way too high.
Sadly, most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many consumers in Georgia could save almost 60% each year by just shopping around, but they don't understand how simple it is to find cheap insurance rates. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Lincoln LS insurance in Atlanta.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take time to compare rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it takes the place of having to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting and buying Lincoln LS insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discount Atlanta insurance rates
Some providers do not list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta car insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could be rewarded with cheaper insurance rates.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it demonstrates responsibility.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to view insurers who offer online Lincoln LS insurance quotes in Atlanta, follow this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta that can provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Atlanta are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Atlanta who may provide you with price quotes.
DeWayne Hrabowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 758-5400 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
After receiving reasonable responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my Lincoln LS need full coverage?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lincoln LS is totaled?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in better auto insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Incidental coverages that may not be needed - There are a ton of additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren't careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Liability coverage preserves assets - Liability insurance will provide protection when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Mileage impacts costs - Driving a lot of miles every year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your auto insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your LS can cost quite a bit.
- Your vocation can affect premiums - Occupations such as military personnel, business owners and miners generally have higher average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- With age comes lower premiums - Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a youthful driver onto your auto insurance can be very expensive. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- High claims frequency drives up premiums - If you file claims often, you shouldn't be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Georgia give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Atlanta, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Lincoln LS has a lien holder, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your LS more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Low-cost Lincoln LS insurance in Atlanta can be purchased both online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read many ideas to compare Lincoln LS insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Atlanta car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)