Would you like to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Atlanta? Are you regretting the purchase of an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Atlanta drivers thinking the same thing.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Georgia could cut their rates by up to $1,000 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched. Due to the increasing number of options when it comes to insurance, it's nearly impossible to find a more affordable insurance provider.
It's important to do rate comparisons occasionally because prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Atlanta on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding SLS AMG insurance online but we're going to give you the best ways to slash your insurance rates in Atlanta.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Atlanta is really quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just need to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in Atlanta, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Lower rates by qualifying for these six discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don't even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Memberships - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Atlanta car insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
If you want low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose car insurance companies that offer discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long has their agency been open in Atlanta?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Below is a short list of insurers in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Atlanta.
Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
If you get good responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an provider that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Georgia?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/25 in Georgia), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your SLS AMG resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your SLS AMG to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people's vehicles, court costs and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, a broken windshield, theft, hail damage and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheap rates are available
Affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Atlanta is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you many ideas to save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information is located at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)