How long have you put off shopping around for the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Atlanta? Are you burned out from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other Georgia consumers.
A recent car insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Georgia could cut their rates by nearly $1,000 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy. With so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Mercury Montego insurance in Atlanta a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on car insurance.
Comparing rates for affordable protection in Atlanta is not as difficult as people think. If you have coverage now or need new coverage, follow these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Drivers just have to know how to get comparison quotes online.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercury Montego insurance, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Mercury Montego, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercury at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Mercury Montego insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Atlanta auto insurance quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Montego insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better prices.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, save driver, and continuous insurance.
- American Family has savings for air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, good student, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, safety features, newly married, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
When getting free Atlanta auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. To find insurers who offer cheap Mercury Montego insurance quotes in Georgia, click this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
After completing this simple form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Georgia?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Atlanta?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like dental work, doctor visits and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Montego resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Montego to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Montego.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Lower rates by being persistent
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Mercury Montego insurance in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
The cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Atlanta can be bought online and with local Atlanta insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)