There isn’t a single person who anticipates paying for insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
It’s amazing but over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. The average driver in America can save roughly $859 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta, it’s nearly impossible to locate the best insurance company.
This information will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the tips covered below. But Georgia consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
Get cheaper Toyota Camry insurance rates in Atlanta
Companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Accident Free – Atlanta drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Atlanta attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To view companies who offer cheap Toyota Camry insurance quotes in Atlanta in Atlanta, follow this link.
When comparison shopping, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter premium rates greatly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below examines Toyota Camry insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Camry replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Toyota Camry yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Atlanta Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates.
- Eliminate unneeded extra coverages – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Teen vs. mature drivers – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.Teenage drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Proper usage rating affects prices – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Camry can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data.
- Better drivers have lower rates – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates substantially. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Georgia generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Toyota has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Toyota Camry claim statistics – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help determine prices. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Camry Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Atlanta?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Atlanta agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Atlanta that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Atlanta who can help you get comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Choosing Toyota vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Atlanta, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects your Toyota Camry and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Cheaper Toyota Camry insurance in Atlanta is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)