Getting discount Atlanta Volkswagen Routan insurance quotes on the web is problematic for vehicle owners that are relatively new to buying insurance over the internet. With more and more online companies available, how are we expected to effectively compare every car insurance company to find the lowest price available?
It’s hard to believe, but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in Atlanta could save about 60% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this information. Shopping for affordable coverage in Atlanta can be fairly easy. Although Georgia vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Atlanta
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance rates in Atlanta.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Atlanta attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Routan is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, defensive driving training, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, air bags, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include multi-car, teen driver discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, and newly retired.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Atlanta. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
To get affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from local Atlanta car insurance companies. The fastest way to compare Volkswagen Routan insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best rates.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$190||$282||$314||$18||$94||$898||$75|
|Routan SE 2WD||$182||$316||$378||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$208||$436||$404||$24||$122||$1,194||$100|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$226||$430||$434||$26||$130||$1,246||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
How high should deductibles be?
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Volkswagen Routan insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The illustration below compares Volkswagen Routan auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Atlanta
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Routan is just wasting money.
Traffic violations can increase rates – Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Even a single moving violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Lower performance equals lower insurance costs – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are usually for low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Volkswagen Routan falls in the van and minivan class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Atlanta.
Safer cars save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Inexpensive frequent claims are not good – Insurance companies in Georgia award most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Georgia?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Volkswagen Routan?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volkswagen Routan is worth?
- What is the ISO rating for a Volkswagen Routan?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a local Atlanta insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 660-3821 – View Map
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Aaron Frazier – State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 – Atlanta, GA 30319 – (404) 233-4847 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 705-5898 – View Map
- Geoff Carlson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 927-9977 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Atlanta Routan insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Georgia is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When you buy Atlanta car insurance online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Atlanta is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)