Trying to find low-cost Volvo S40 insurance in Atlanta? If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, it's easy to be overwhelmed by the vast assortment insurance agents and companies selling insurance in Atlanta.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. American consumers could save nearly $850 a year, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Ways to get Volvo S40 insurance rate quotes in Atlanta, GA
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive provide coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Volvo S40 insurance in Atlanta doesn't take a lot of time as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. After you submit the form the system collects reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Volvo S40 insurance in Atlanta makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's very important to do this if you want to get the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S40 T5 AWD R-Design||$380||$742||$532||$32||$158||$1,844||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can affect prices substantially.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volvo S40 premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance is not optional in Georgia
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your S40, most lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your S40 greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow driving data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some companies that have these benefits include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered in Atlanta. For a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does their agency support local causes in Atlanta?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you're trying to find a good Atlanta insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
- Jerome Johnson, Sr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
3101 Clairmont Rd b - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 321-6688 - View Map
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 - Atlanta, GA 30308 - (404) 524-2292 - View Map
- Cheryl S Parsel - State Farm Insurance Agent
3145 Peachtree Rd #197 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 814-0071 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to companies you've never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get price quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 - Atlanta, GA 30345 - (404) 633-4321 - View Map
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W - Atlanta, GA 30338 - (770) 396-9600 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
When do I need an agent's advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Georgia?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Cheaper Volvo S40 insurance in Atlanta can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
When searching for affordable Volvo S40 insurance quotes, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)