How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper car insurance rates in Brookhaven, GA? Nobody that owns a car is fond of buying car insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
A study showed that over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Georgia could save $960 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Due to the large number of online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to choose the lowest price company.
Most major insurance companies provide coverage prices on their websites. Getting auto insurance prices online is pretty easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into a form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these factors. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will be getting comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$1,632||$816||$136|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,456||$728||$121|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,346||$673||$112|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,096||$548||$91|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,120||$560||$93|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can change prices considerably.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Toyota Corolla premium costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Brookhaven. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Hyundai Elantra SE Touring.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Georgia is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to monitor driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to bad drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, and early bird.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, good student, and education and occupation.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, military active duty, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, annual mileage, ease of repair, good student, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, bundle discounts, early shopping, mature driver, good student, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Brookhaven.
Insurance quotes from neighborhood Brookhaven auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agents is important particularly in Brookhaven.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Brookhaven that can give you free Brookhaven car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agents are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you check rates from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Brookhaven who may provide free price quotes.
Georgia Property Insurance
5 Dunwoody Park #113 – Atlanta, GA 30338 – (770) 396-9517 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Brookhaven willing to provide comparison quotes.
Selecting a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is there a local claims center in Brookhaven?
- How many companies do they write for?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Georgia?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my covered if I use it for business?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Brookhaven car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Brookhaven is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)