Would you like to find more competitive Audi R8 insurance in Atlanta? Are you irritated from sacrificing other expenses to buy insurance? You have the same problem as many other Georgia consumers.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. With the average premium in Georgia being $1,722, drivers could save nearly 60% every year, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy. You have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Audi R8 insurance in Atlanta.
You need to compare premium rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal on Audi R8 insurance in Atlanta a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you the only way to save on insurance.
Shop Audi R8 insurance online
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$496||$1218||$444||$26||$134||$2,318||$193|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$496||$1280||$444||$26||$134||$2,380||$198|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$430||$926||$394||$24||$118||$1,892||$158|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$330||$768||$370||$22||$110||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Audi R8 auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi R8 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some insurers don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy early. This can save 10% or more.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track driving manner by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, professional/association, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, early shopping, mature driver, good student, switch companies, distant student, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, good student, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate includes discounts for resident student, defensive driver, utility vehicle, multi-policy, premier plus, good payer, and economy car.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
If you need affordable Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply in Atlanta. To view companies who offer online Audi R8 insurance quotes in Georgia, click this link.
Six factors that influence insurance prices
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Gender impacts prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. They both get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Audi. Some coverage claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Audi R8 has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Save money by staying claim free – Insurance companies in Georgia give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Miles impacts premiums – Driving a lot of miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your R8 can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Occupations like military personnel, airline pilots, and dentists have the highest average rates because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed get better rates.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Atlanta.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent agents in Atlanta who may be able to give you price quote information.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance buyers beware
Georgia consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you get a free Atlanta car insurance quote and switch to their company.
How can each company offer drivers better rates? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies quote their best rates for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be a married male, has other policies, and has a short commute. Anybody that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred premium rates in Atlanta and most likely will save if they switch.
Drivers who do not match the ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium which translates to business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
This really emphasizes why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best Audi R8 insurance in Atlanta.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Budget-friendly insurance in Atlanta can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce Audi R8 insurance prices online in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)