Are you searching for more affordable Dodge Stratus insurance in Atlanta? Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of insurance customers in Georgia kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly $860 a year, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more options can take longer to compare company pricing for Dodge Stratus insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage as often as possible because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Dodge Stratus insurance in Atlanta on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to find better coverage on Dodge Stratus insurance in Atlanta at a better price.
Best Dodge Stratus insurance rate quotes in Georgia
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current Stratus insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce the premium cost.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include early bird, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may offer discounts for DriveSense, online quote, multi-policy, good student, online shopper, Switch & Save, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
If you want inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Atlanta. To view providers who offer online Dodge Stratus insurance quotes in Georgia, click here.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent.
These type of agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
Eddie Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 – Atlanta, GA 30346 – (770) 394-5068 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Truth in car insurance advertising
Respected companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that people will save if you change your coverage to them. It sounds good, but how can they all say the same thing? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies have an ideal profile for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could be over the age of 45, has no tickets, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anybody that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes in Atlanta and most likely will save a lot of money.
Insureds who are not a match for these criteria will see more expensive rates which translates to the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. Because of this risk profiling, you really should compare rate quotes every year. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Smart consumers save more
You just learned a lot of techniques to find cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheap Dodge Stratus insurance in Atlanta can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)