Are you trying to find lower-priced Honda Fit insurance in Atlanta? If you are new to online price comparisons, you may be baffled by the vast number insurance agents and companies competing for business in Atlanta.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $1,722, Georgia drivers can save up to $1,000 each year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to do a rate comparison.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- A car insurance policy lapse can increase prices - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- No insurance claims equals cheaper prices - If you file a lot of claims don't be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Georgia give better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The make and model of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Since the Honda Fit is considered a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Atlanta. Lower cost passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Get a ticket, pay higher rates - Having just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Getting married reduces risk - Having a spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don't assume that women are better drivers. Women and men have auto accidents at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so it costs more to insure them.
- Honda Fit insurance loss probability - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when setting premium rates. Models that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Fit Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Fit 89 78 90 99 97 92
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The most recommended method to compare rates for Honda Fit insurance in Atlanta is to know auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as whether you have decent credit, deductibles desired, if it has an anti-theft system, and how you use your vehicles. Your details is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Atlanta.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$242||$560||$314||$18||$94||$1,228||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Atlanta garaging location which can modify premium rates significantly.
Honda Fit insurance premiums by gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Honda Fit premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Fit outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Honda Fit insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Fit insurance premium.
- Buy New and Save - Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Atlanta may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Accident Waiver - This one isn't a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower car insurance rates.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
When narrowing the list to find a local Atlanta insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents are either independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that can give you price quotes.
- Barry Domangue - State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 853-3772 - View Map
- Jared Mula - State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (770) 874-3325 - View Map
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
- Morris and Templeton Insurance
3405 Piedmont Rd NE #500 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (912) 355-4549 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
Low-cost Honda Fit insurance in Atlanta can be sourced from both online companies and with local Atlanta insurance agents, so you need to quote Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
When getting Atlanta car insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)