Did a good deal turn out to be an expensive car insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many Atlanta drivers feel the same as you.
Statistics show that most car insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Atlanta could pocket about $959 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to go online and compare rates.
Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite lowest price on BMW 325i insurance in Atlanta.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding affordable coverage in Atlanta is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Georgia consumers need to learn how companies determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you to get pricing from their websites. Getting BMW 325i insurance prices online is very simple because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information. Quoting online for BMW 325i insurance in Atlanta makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a lower rate.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes on BMW 325i insurance in Atlanta with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new 325i is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Onboard Data Collection – Atlanta drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To view providers that offer the discounts shown above in Georgia, click this link.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Atlanta?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta who can help you get rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below are Atlanta independent insurance agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 – Atlanta, GA 30316 – (404) 624-3102 – View Map
Once you have received good feedback to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Gender and insurance prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- High credit rating translates to low prices – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your BMW 325i if you clean up your credit.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a BMW 325i in Atlanta, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your BMW 325i has a lien holder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your BMW at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your BMW gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Georgia overpays as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your BMW 325i insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Atlanta, GA? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)