Paying cheap coverage rates for Buick Rainier insurance in Atlanta might be challenging for drivers new to online insurance quotes. When there are so many companies in the marketplace, it can easily turn into hard work to find the perfect company for you.
It's shocking but nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in Atlanta could save themselves up to $959 a year, but they underestimate the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the best rates in Atlanta is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. But Georgia car owners must know the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
When shopping for Buick Rainier insurance in Atlanta there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from different Atlanta insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest Buick Rainier rates is simply to get online rate quotes. When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Atlanta auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- ABS Braking Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
A partial list of companies that have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you want cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Get More Affordable Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Men are more aggressive - Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Because the Buick Rainier is considered a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more compared to average rates in Atlanta. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Drive less and save - The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Rainier is throwing money out the window. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
- Extra policy coverages push up costs - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Rainier policy. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
- How credit score affects car insurance rates - Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Buick Rainier by improving your rating.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to companies in Atlanta who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
When narrowing the list to find a local Atlanta insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Atlanta agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Douglas Hollis
2195 Fairburn Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 629-1510 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3680 Cascade Rd c - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 472-9003 - View Map
- Willard Murphy - State Farm Insurance Agent
3867 Roswell Rd NE #101 - Atlanta, GA 30342 - (404) 816-8885 - View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to get some free quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-3511 - View Map
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
- Mack Insurance Agency, Inc.
530 Joseph E Lowery Blvd SW A - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (470) 771-3398 - View Map
Drivers who switch save $473 a year? Really?
Popular auto insurance providers such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies advertise the message that you can save if you get a free Atlanta auto insurance quote and switch to them. How is it possible that every company can offer drivers better rates? It's all in the numbers.
All companies give the best rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. One example of this type of driver might have to be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver who fits those characteristics will get a cheap rate quote in Atlanta and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who fall outside those standards will be quoted higher premium rates and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This illustrates why you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will have better car insurance rates than you're paying now.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When shopping online for insurance, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies. Cost effective Buick Rainier insurance is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)