Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as millions of other vehicle owners.
A study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Georgia consumers could save up to $959 every year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to get the best deal for Cadillac CTS-V insurance in Atlanta.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Atlanta can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, Georgia consumers must learn how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Do you qualify for discounts on Cadillac CTS-V insurance in Atlanta?
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Atlanta car insurance online.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies that have most of the discounts above are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from many insurance companies in Georgia. The best way to compare rates is to get quotes online.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to drive around to local insurance agencies. Comparing Cadillac CTS-V insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
Car insurance rates based on gender in Atlanta
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Cadillac CTS-V insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Quote Cadillac CTS-V Insurance for Less
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates.
- Small claims can cost you – Companies in Georgia award the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Continuous coverage saves money – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean women are better drivers. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Cadillac CTS-V scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Insurance loss probability for a Cadillac CTS-V – Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine rates. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the loss history for Cadillac CTS-V vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Cadillac CTS-V Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How are claims handled?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to use a good Atlanta insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Atlanta exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-7811 – View Map
Why you need insurance for your Cadillac CTS-V
Despite the potentially high cost of Cadillac CTS-V insurance, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac CTS-V has a lien holder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Cadillac for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
More comparisons equals affordable rates
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Cadillac CTS-V insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)