Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper insurance rates in Atlanta, GA? Atlanta shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Cadillac XLR insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to compare rates on a Cadillac and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
Getting low cost insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Just spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes to find the company with low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Cadillac XLR insurance, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cadillac, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Cadillac gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta is overpaying more than $869 every year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Atlanta Insurance Costs
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars - Safe vehicles get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates - Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Georgia motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Rates also based on gender - The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Females and males cause accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Performance makes a difference - The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Because the Cadillac XLR is classified as a luxury sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much when compared to the average rates in Atlanta. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Lower premiums by staying claim free - Car insurance companies in Georgia award most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your address can push rates up or down - Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when buying insurance. City drivers have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a safe driver course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring more than one vehicle with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Paperwork-free - Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on the web.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, pay in full, mature driver, and business and professional.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, multi-policy, claim free, paid-in-full, and emergency road assistance.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, good student, seat belt use, anti-theft, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may include discounts for 55 and retired, EZ pay plan discount, early signing, anti-theft, farm vehicle, new car, and safe driver.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Can't I compare rates from local Atlanta auto insurance agents?
Some people prefer to buy from a local agent. Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Atlanta?
- Where are claims handled?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Atlanta can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can handle auto insurance, but it's worth learning why they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- Aaron Frazier - State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 233-4847 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Anissa Few Davenport
2030 Bolton Rd NW #200 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (678) 705-5898 - View Map
- Kerry Mitchell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (770) 455-0017 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W - Atlanta, GA 30338 - (770) 396-9600 - View Map
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
Low-cost Cadillac XLR insurance in Atlanta is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be read at the links below
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)