Finding affordable insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe is pretty easy to do, but it is dependent upon a large number of rating criteria such as annual miles driven, your credit score, and blemishes on your driving record. Georgia drivers will pay on average $1,041 annually for Santa Fe insurance, but that figure is an estimation based upon a 40-year-old married female driver with both comprehensive and collision coverage and $500 deductibles.
Odds are that you aren’t exactly 40 years old or even a female, single instead of married, or maybe you’re a renter instead of a homeowner. Different coverage needs are the reason why the way we recommend to find cheap insurance prices for your Hyundai is to compare as many rates as possible. Quotes are free and you will be able to see rates from top-rated car insurance companies that sell coverage in Georgia.
The specific trim level tends to have a direct effect on the annual cost of coverage, so the price to insure a Santa Fe GLS 2WD will be $126 cheaper than the cost to insure the more costly Santa Fe Limited 4WD version, as shown by the rates below.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Santa Fe GLS 2WD||$186||$404||$414||$24||$124||$1,152||$96|
|Santa Fe GLS 4WD||$212||$404||$414||$24||$124||$1,178||$98|
|Santa Fe SE 2WD||$212||$404||$414||$24||$124||$1,178||$98|
|Santa Fe Limited 2WD||$212||$476||$414||$24||$124||$1,250||$104|
|Santa Fe SE 4WD||$212||$476||$414||$24||$124||$1,250||$104|
|Santa Fe Limited 4WD||$240||$476||$414||$24||$124||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Ending up with a highly-rated insurer can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Georgia. The information displayed below can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at when trying to find cheaper insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe.
These rankings are only comprised of the companies with a significant amount of written premium nationwide, so companies that only write business in Georgia or surrounding areas are not factored into the list. To compare prices from these and other top-rated companies, click here.
Top 10 Major Car Insurance Companies in Atlanta Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Types of discounts on Atlanta auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies that offer quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe may additionally offer price discounts that can reduce rates by as much as 40% or more if you are eligible for them. A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, good student, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Travelers discounts include payment discounts, new car, student away at school, multi-car, good student, early quote, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, anti-theft, defensive driver, and bundle.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, driver training, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
The information below shows the comparison of insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Georgia state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles.
The first bar for each age group shows the average annual price with no discounts. The second shows the rates with accident-free, homeowner, anti-theft, multiple vehicle, claim-free, and vehicle safety discounts applied. In this example, the average amount saved each year on insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe is 28% or $679.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice can influence insurance rates when quoting cheap insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
The chart above illustrates that a 30-year-old driver could lower their policy premium by $422 a year by switching the physical damage coverage from a $100 deductible to a $500 deductible, or save $638 by switching to a $1,000 deductible. Even younger insureds, like the age 20 example, can cut $1,278 or even more just by choosing higher deductibles when buying full coverage.
When using a larger deductible, it will now be necessary to have enough in a savings account to offset the extra out-of-pocket expense, which is the one shortcoming of high deductibles.
How to find economical insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe
The list below shows a few thrifty suggestions that can help Georgia drivers locate lower-cost auto insurance.
- Speeding tickets and other violations increase rates
- Maintain a safe distance and avoid accidents
- Raise deductibles
- Drivers with good credit ratings often pay less
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure
- Full coverage may not be needed on older vehicles
- Shop around for cheaper prices
That last tip is especially necessary, as we pointed out in the prior information. Auto insurance prices can change considerably based on profitability, so don’t hesitate to switch carriers if a lower price can be found.
Many drivers have brand loyalty and that’s fine, but it’s not a great idea if that loyalty ends up costing hundreds of dollars year after year. It only takes a couple minutes to compare prices and find cheaper car insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Atlanta.