How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more affordable Chevy Impala insurance in Atlanta? Paying for overpriced Chevrolet Impala insurance in Atlanta can bottom out your family’s budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Getting a rate comparison can save money and help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Atlanta drivers could save themselves 60% a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
Big companies like Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to see through the deception and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to get comparison quotes occasionally because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Chevy Impala insurance in Atlanta two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy Impala insurance in Atlanta.
Companies offering Chevy Impala insurance in Atlanta
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in Atlanta location which can change prices noticeably.
Should you raise deductibles?
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Chevrolet Impala insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents increase Chevrolet Impala insurance prices for different age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Buy Chevy Impala Insurance for Less
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Your address can modify price – Residing in areas with lower population is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Mature drivers pay less – Older people tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Job stress can make you pay more – Occupational choices like military personnel, social workers and miners are shown to have higher premium rates because of intense work requirements and long work days. Other jobs like scientists, students and retirees pay the least.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a quick way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Georgia motor vehicle department.
- Extra coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Good credit means lower prices – Having a bad credit score factor in determining premium rates. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Impala by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Traffic violations drive up premiums – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Having a single chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Insurance loss data for Chevy Impala vehicles – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Impala vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Impala Models
Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Impala 104 89 135 122 122 104 Chevrolet Impala Limited 100 115 79 142 148 153
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rate quotes by earning discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Atlanta auto insurance quote in comparison to bad drivers.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, early bird, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, and good driver.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-policy, driver training, new car, IntelliDrive, and early quote.
- The Hartford includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, good student, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, air bags, anti-theft, membership and employees, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Atlanta. If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Atlanta auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Georgia?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Shown below is a short list of insurance companies in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information for Chevy Impala insurance in Atlanta.
If you receive good answers to any questions you have as well as inexpensive Chevrolet Impala insurance in Atlanta quotes, chances are good that you have found a company that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
We covered many ideas to compare Chevy Impala insurance car insurance rates in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Atlanta is attainable on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
As you quote Atlanta auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much are Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)