Wish you could get out of overpriced Dodge Avenger insurance in Atlanta? It’s a common feeling and many Atlanta consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Atlanta drivers could save an average of almost $1,000 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched.
Vehicle owners have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest rates for Dodge Avenger insurance in Atlanta.
Best companies for low-cost Dodge Avenger insurance in Georgia
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Atlanta which can alter insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Avenger insurance prices for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Don’t overlook these five Dodge Avenger insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize driving habits through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver’s education, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, anti-theft, military active duty, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, theft prevention, 55 and older, good student, student driver, homeowners, and air bags.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, air bags, and early bird.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
Before buying, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Atlanta.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important particularly in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in Atlanta can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta who may provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that can give you rate quotes.
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Atlanta should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Dodge Avenger.
Since many Georgia drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like dental work, X-ray expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Avenger to bring the cost down.
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Georgia state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Cover all your bases
The cheapest Dodge Avenger insurance in Atlanta can be bought on the web and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so you need to shop Atlanta auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be pretty painless.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles: