Shopping for discount Atlanta Lexus GS 200t insurance quotes is rather challenging for drivers new to quoting and comparing rates on the internet. With such a large number of online companies, how can anyone be able to compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
A recent car insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,722, Georgia drivers could save 60% a year, but they don't invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes quite often since insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest rates on Lexus GS 200t insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the fastest and easiest way to save on car insurance.
If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Quoting affordable policy in Atlanta is not as time-consuming as you think. But Georgia vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rates in Georgia
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get cheaper rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Don't skimp on liability coverage - Liability coverage will provide protection if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Prices are affected by your address - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Georgia cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Don't cancel your insurance without a new one in place - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Alarm systems lower prices - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Cautious drivers pay less - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
Do you really need the add-on coverages? - Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that can add up on your GS 200t policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Use credit responsibly and save - Your credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Lexus GS 200t by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Lower rates for married couples - Your spouse can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Get cheaper Lexus GS 200t insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper car insurance rates.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Atlanta car insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, driver's education, good driver, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online shopper, anti-theft, online quote, anti-lock brakes, claim free, renters, and paid-in-full.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, multiple vehicles, company car, teen driver, group or association, safe driver, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and federal employee.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in every state. To see companies that offer many of these discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Are car insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta that provide free Atlanta car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. A good agent in Atlanta will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Atlanta?
When finding a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
- DeWayne Hrabowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
1120 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW #4 - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 758-5400 - View Map
- Barry Domangue - State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Peachtree St NE Ste 103 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 853-3772 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 - Atlanta, GA 30305 - (404) 477-5500 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most also have access to small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
- Siegel Insurance
2987 Clairmont Rd #425 - Atlanta, GA 30329 - (404) 633-6332 - View Map
Once you have received positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind you have the power to cancel a policy for any reason so don't think you are locked into any particular company for the entire policy term.
Compare but don't skimp
There are still a few companies who don't offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Cheap Lexus GS 200t insurance in Atlanta can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to reduce Lexus GS 200t insurance rates online in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Felons in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)