Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Lincoln Continental in Georgia can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lincoln and obtain the lowest possible price.
You should take the time to price shop coverage once or twice a year because insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Lincoln Continental insurance in Atlanta a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to save on auto insurance.
Best Lincoln Continental insurance rates in Georgia
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
How Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln Continental Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you big savings. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base premiums – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Lincoln Continental is considered a luxury sedan, rates will be more as compared to the average rate in Atlanta.
Allowing your auto insurance to lapse raises premiums – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Vehicles with better crash test results mean better premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
Females tend to take less risk – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies will provide an incentive get Atlanta auto insurance on the internet.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy early. This can save 10% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, student away at school, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, and save driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, accident-free, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include exclusive group savings, new move discount, multi-policy, safety features, and new graduate.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Georgia, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Atlanta auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Atlanta.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When looking for a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in Atlanta can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 525-1600 – View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E – Atlanta, GA 30340 – (770) 452-8881 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Rob Hill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 Shallowford Rd NE, Ste A-B – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (678) 791-7132 – View Map
- Kaitlin Ponce – State Farm Insurance Agent
2285 Peachtree Rd #204 – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 390-1190 – View Map
- Cleo Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-0960 – View Map
Deciding on a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If they are an independent agency in Atlanta, which companies do they recommend?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce Lincoln Continental insurance car insurance rates online in Atlanta. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
Cheaper insurance in Atlanta is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you quote Atlanta auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)