Do you want to save money by finding more competitive Pontiac G8 insurance in Atlanta? Scraping up a payment for expensive Pontiac G8 insurance in Atlanta can bottom out your monthly budget and force you to make sacrifices. Price shopping at each renewal can save money and help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Atlanta can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. With drivers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to find the lowest cost company.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rates in Georgia
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Earn discounts on Atlanta auto insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Atlanta could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Esurance has savings for renters, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, driver’s education, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
If you are trying to find affordable Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Atlanta. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Georgia, click here.
Pontiac G8 Insurance Rate Factors
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
Pay less if you’re married – Getting married may save some money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Cheaper to insure women? – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Driver age impacts prices – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
Combine policies with the same company – Many companies will award better rates to clients that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other Atlanta G8 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Can’t I compare rates from local Atlanta auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Atlanta who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Atlanta?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Atlanta for you
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Atlanta agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
Eddie Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 – Atlanta, GA 30346 – (770) 394-5068 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, you should always get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Atlanta willing to provide rate quotes.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers in Georgia constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings just by switching your insurance policy to them.
How can each company charge lower premium rates?
All the different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a desirable insured may need to be over the age of 50, owns their home, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A propective insured that matches those criteria will get the preferred premium rates in Atlanta as well as save when switching.
People who may not quite match this stringent profile may receive a more expensive rate and business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. That is how insurance companies can make those statements. This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to guess the company that will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Quote more and you will save more
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Pontiac G8 insurance prices in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Atlanta auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies. Affordable Pontiac G8 insurance in Atlanta can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
More information is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)