I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing they could find better prices if they shop around.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Atlanta could save 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they just switched companies. Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to pick the right car insurance provider.
These techniques will familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these tips. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the proper methods to shop using one simple form.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Baja in Atlanta, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Subaru Baja has a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Subaru Baja. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $800 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to save money.
Save $418 a year? Really?
Georgia consumers can’t ignore all the ads for auto insurance savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all say the same thing about savings if you get a free Atlanta car insurance quote and switch to them.
How can each company offer you a better deal on Subaru Baja insurance in Atlanta? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies quote their cheapest rates for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of risk profile might be described as a married female, has no claims, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that meets those criteria will get very good Atlanta premium rates and therefore will cut their Subaru Baja insurance rates if they switch.
Insureds who may not quite match these standards will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and this results in business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can make those statements.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Atlanta car insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every possible discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- College Student Discount – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Atlanta and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Atlanta can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, theft prevention, driver training, student driver, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-car, new graduate, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
If you want cheaper Atlanta car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Atlanta, click here.
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are searching for local Atlanta agents, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent agencies in Atlanta who can help you get free rate quotes.
InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta that can give you comparison quotes.
Randy Beavers – State Farm Insurance Agent
135 Mount Vernon Hwy – Atlanta, GA 30328 – (770) 396-3810 – View Map
Jared Mula – State Farm Insurance Agent
3220 Cobb Pkwy SE #202 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (770) 874-3325 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is there a local claims center in Atlanta?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Subaru Baja insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Atlanta car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)