Do you want an efficient way to compare cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Atlanta? Searching for cheaper insurance for a Volkswagen Golf in Georgia can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Volkswagen and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Atlanta agents.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. Georgia consumers can cut their rates by roughly 60% a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$212||$476||$444||$26||$134||$1,292||$108|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$182||$392||$444||$26||$134||$1,178||$98|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$370||$812||$402||$24||$120||$1,728||$144|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$328||$706||$414||$24||$124||$1,596||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Atlanta location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Age, gender, and Volkswagen Golf insurance
The diagram below compares Volkswagen Golf insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Golf annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Georgia minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn't a steadfast formula for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Golf replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders impact Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Golf insurance, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Volkswagen Golf, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Golf definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
You may qualify for discounts for Volkswagen Golf insurance in Atlanta
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-car Discount - Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car instead of a used Golf can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a defensive driver class could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current Golf insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- College Student - Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, driver's education, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
If you need low cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in Atlanta.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Atlanta.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Atlanta that can give you free Atlanta auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they function. Agencies in Atlanta may be either independent or exclusive. Both can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (800) 634-2903 - View Map
- Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
- Georgia Insurance Brokerage
193 Auburn Ave NE - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (404) 525-1600 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agencies in Atlanta that are able to give rate quotes.
- Rob Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
2800 Shallowford Rd NE, Ste A-B - Atlanta, GA 30341 - (678) 791-7132 - View Map
- Kaitlin Ponce - State Farm Insurance Agent
2285 Peachtree Rd #204 - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 390-1190 - View Map
- Danny Gibson State Farm Insurance Agent
215 Piedmont Ave NE #1 - Atlanta, GA 30308 - (404) 524-2292 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Atlanta?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I rate my Volkswagen Golf as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Shop smart and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Atlanta. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Much are Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)