Acura RDX insurance policy image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Acura RDX in Georgia can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Acura and locate the best price possible.
You should take the time to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance rates change quite often. If you had the best rate on Acura RDX insurance in Atlanta a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. You'll find a ton of advice on RDX insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some of the best techniques to buy insurance cheaper in Atlanta.
Quoting and comparing affordable insurance coverage in Atlanta is easy to do. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, follow these tips to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Consumers only need to know the most efficient way to compare rates online.
How to buy Atlanta Acura RDX insurance online
Many insurance companies make it easy to get prices for coverage direct online. Obtaining pricing for Acura RDX insurance in Atlanta is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on the data you entered.
Getting online rates for Acura RDX insurance in Atlanta makes comparing rates easy, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheaper insurance pricing.
In order to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$240||$476||$378||$22||$114||$1,230||$103|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$436||$720||$438||$26||$132||$1,752||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify premiums substantially.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Acura RDX yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura RDX in Atlanta, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your RDX has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Acura for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Atlanta overpays as much as $825 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Acura RDX insurance quotes in Atlanta
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, military active duty, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, good student, accident-free, ease of repair, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including business and professional, early shopping, teen driver, alternative fuel, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, safe vehicle, good student, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, new move discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- USAA offers discounts for military installation, driver training, multi-policy, vehicle storage, and annual mileage.
Check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Atlanta. To view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Georgia, click this link.
Auto insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Atlanta.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Atlanta that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 - Atlanta, GA 30339 - (404) 892-2864 - View Map
- Five Star Insurance Agency
191 Peachtree St NE Suite 3300 - Atlanta, GA 30303 - (678) 526-7979 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 - Atlanta, GA 30318 - (470) 355-1973 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
- Aaron Frazier - State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 233-4847 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Arlisher Jones
1176 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW - Atlanta, GA 30310 - (404) 752-7056 - View Map
- Bryant Thompson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2230 Cascade Rd SW - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 228-6085 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long has their agency been open in Atlanta?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage options for an Acura RDX
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, pain and suffering, structural damage and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Georgia state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Georgia drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Georgia limits are 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your RDX to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as nursing services, hospital visits, surgery, pain medications and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A little work can save a LOT of money
We've covered a lot of ways to reduce Acura RDX insurance prices online in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced Acura RDX insurance in Atlanta is possible on the web in addition to many Atlanta insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Business Use in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)