No sane person anticipates paying for insurance, especially when they know the cost is way too high.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in America could pocket roughly $859 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
With so many options when it comes to insurance, it can be hard to choose a lower cost company.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates on Audi S6 insurance in Atlanta a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to show you the best way to lower your annual insurance bill.
To find cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many car insurance companies in Georgia. The best method to compare Audi S6 insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to call or drive to and from local Atlanta insurance agencies. Doing it all online makes this unnecessary unless you're the type of person who wants the advice and guidance of a local agency. Although, it is possible price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent. Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting more affordable insurance. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Georgia. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S6 Quattro 4-Dr Sedan||$480||$1094||$512||$30||$154||$2,270||$189|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below shows the comparison of Audi S6 premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Audi S6 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance deductibles
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Audi S6 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get lower-cost Audi S6 insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Atlanta auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Atlanta auto insurance quotes online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Georgia, click here to view.
Why you need Audi S6 insurance in Georgia
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Atlanta, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Audi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
There's no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Atlanta
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Atlanta agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agents that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Atlanta should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does their agency support local causes in Atlanta?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?