How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper auto insurance rates in Roswell, GA? Roswell shoppers have a choice when shopping for the lowest priced car insurance. You can either waste hours calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a and find the cheapest rates from both online companies and Roswell agents.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Roswell can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison rates online from multiple companies.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rates in Georgia
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$1,638||$819||$137|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,392||$696||$116|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$1,214||$607||$101|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,156||$578||$96|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,670||$835||$139|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$1,038||$519||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Roswell location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Sonata insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Hyundai Sonata book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $700 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims increase Hyundai Elantra auto insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
How your Roswell prices are determined
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Drivers with good credit save – Having a good credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some insurance companies will award better rates to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Less people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Georgia cities regularly have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list very well, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Roswell and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, good student, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, membership and employees, military active duty, and federal employee.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, multi-car, good student, and safety features.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, good student, and anti-theft.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Roswell auto insurance agent
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free Roswell auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Roswell?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Roswell?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Roswell are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Roswell who may provide you with price quote information.
- Trummie Patrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
10884 Crabapple Rd – Roswell, GA 30075 – (770) 993-0020 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2125 Roswell Rd Suite 25 – Marietta, GA 30062 – (770) 565-9696 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Carlos Carrasquero
1255 Grimes Bridge Rd a – Roswell, GA 30075 – (678) 682-8966 – View Map
These agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Roswell independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Atlantic Pacific Insurance Agency, Inc.
3827 Roswell Rd – Marietta, GA 30062 – (770) 977-2564 – View Map
- Buckhead Insurance Group
16 Norcross St – Roswell, GA 30075 – (678) 315-4855 – View Map
- Garrett Insurance Agency
704 Macy Dr – Roswell, GA 30076 – (770) 674-1476 – View Map
We just covered a lot of ways to save on auto insurance in Roswell. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Roswell is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Roswell, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information is available below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)