Chevy Camaro insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Chevy Camaro insurance in Atlanta? Having to pay for high-priced insurance in Atlanta can take a big chunk out of your accounts and make it hard to pay other bills. Price shopping at each renewal is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
A recent study showed that almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Atlanta insurance shoppers could save 60% a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate continually bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Compare Atlanta Chevy Camaro insurance quotes
To find cheaper Atlanta car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The fastest way to compare Chevy Camaro insurance prices is to get quotes online.
It's so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online makes it obsolete to actually drive to and from local Atlanta insurance agencies. Comparing Chevy Camaro insurance rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local agency. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy. It's important to know that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Georgia. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can modify premiums noticeably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Atlanta car insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can impact Chevrolet Camaro premium costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Atlanta, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Georgia but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Camaro has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Georgia overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
What Impacts Chevy Camaro Insurance Prices?
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The type of car you need insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates tend to be for lower cost passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors. Since the Chevrolet Camaro falls in the sports car class, insuring your vehicle will cost much more as compared to the average rate in Atlanta.
- Premiums are lower the older you get - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Extra policy coverages can cost a lot - There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don't pay attention. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Higher coverage deductibles save money - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Higher premiums for specific occupations - Careers such as judges, police officers, and emergency personnel have higher premium rates due to job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like scientists, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Camaro is throwing money out the window.
- Cheaper premiums with safer cars - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Chevy Camaro insurance claim data - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the loss history for Chevy Camaro vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Camaro Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Camaro 2dr 139 118 123 123 130 127 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 92 85 107 85 95 103 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr 222 80 174 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible 111 113
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Chevy Camaro insurance in Atlanta with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies give discounts for signing up early. It can save you around 10%.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Paperless Signup - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on your computer.
- Onboard Data Collection - Atlanta drivers who agree to allow companies to analyze where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
When getting free Atlanta car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Atlanta. To choose providers that offer many of these discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local Atlanta insurance agents
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Atlanta can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Atlanta willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it's recommended you contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agents in Atlanta who can help you get price quote information.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Camaro insurance prices in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Chevy Camaro insurance is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much is Atlanta Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)