Pretty sure you bought high-priced Ford GT insurance in Atlanta? You're in good company because many Atlanta consumers are in the same pinch.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Atlanta could save approximately $960 each year, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
With vehicle owners having so many choices of insurance companies that have affordable insurance for a Ford GT in Atlanta, it is hard for the average consumer to find the lowest cost company.
Consumers need to quote other rates as often as possible because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate on Ford GT insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
This information will familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you're already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you're about to learn. Although Georgia drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to price insurance differently because it varies considerably.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices direct online. This process is very simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their quoting system will obtain your driving record and credit report and quotes a price. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get affordable prices.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Atlanta and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to track driving manner by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower prices.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used GT can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Driver's Ed - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of your policy.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above are:
If you want the cheapest Ford GT rate quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state. To locate insurance companies who offer online Ford GT insurance quotes in Atlanta, click this link.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Ford GT Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
The items below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Poor driving means higher prices - How you drive has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers - Youthful drivers in Georgia have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Liability claims can be big - Liability insurance will provide protection if you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Ford GT is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Don't buy extra coverages that may not be needed - There are quite a few additional extra coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- More traffic equals higher prices - Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Mileage impacts premiums - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your GT may be costing you. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Atlanta car insurance agents?
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Atlanta.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a short list of insurers in Atlanta that can give you price quotes for Ford GT insurance in Atlanta.
Selecting a insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Ford GT?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Georgia?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on Ford GT insurance in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)