How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest car insurance rates in Marietta, GA? No one in their right mind loves paying for car insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average premium in Georgia being $1,720, drivers could save themselves almost 60% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the definite cheapest price on car insurance.
Most larger insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these factors. The ability to get online rates makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to perform this step if you want to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
In order to compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Marietta, GA. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$1,504||$752||$125|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Ford Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,484||$742||$124|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change insurance rates greatly.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Marietta. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in on a Kia Optima SX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Higher deductibles save money
One frequently asked question is which deductibles should you choose. The following insurance rates lay out how much more you’ll pay when you choose different physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $250 physical damage deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$512||$394||$24||$118||$1,377||$115|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,509||$126|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$694||$492||$30||$148||$1,733||$144|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,509||$126|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$604||$394||$24||$118||$1,509||$126|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$694||$394||$24||$118||$1,637||$136|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$382||$694||$394||$24||$118||$1,637||$136|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$322||$394||$24||$118||$1,046||$87|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,128||$94|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$438||$492||$30||$148||$1,320||$110|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,128||$94|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,128||$94|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$438||$394||$24||$118||$1,210||$101|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$438||$394||$24||$118||$1,210||$101|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible costs approximately $33 more each month or $396 a year than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $750 more if you turn in a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go at a minimum 23 months between claims, you would save money if you opt for a higher deductible.
Discount Marietta car insurance quotes
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Organization Discounts – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Marietta could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers can get reduced rates.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, good student, multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly retired, and new move discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good driver, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include group or association, teen driver, mature driver, air bags, anti-theft, paid in full, and paperless.
- GEICO may offer discounts for air bags, defensive driver, driver training, five-year accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. For a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Marietta, click this link.
Compare prices but still have a local Marietta insurance agent
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Marietta that can provide free Marietta car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which family members are covered?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
What type of Marietta car insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Marietta who can help you get price quote information.
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Marietta that are able to give comparison quotes.
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide insurance.
Why smart buyers pay lower rates in Marietta
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that are used to determine insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better insurance rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Get married and get better rates – Your spouse can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Premiums for men may be higher – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes tend to get into fender benders in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Do you really need the incidental coverages? – Policies have additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Better insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Job stress can affect rates – Occupations such as military personnel, airline pilots, and medical professionals usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. Other careers such as actors, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- With age comes lower costs – Inexperience drivers are known to be inattentive when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Excellent credit saves on insurance – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Marietta, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best rates come from being thorough
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
A few companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Marietta can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Marietta agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about auto insurance in Georgia is located at the links below
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)