Trying to find cheaper insurance for your Nissan cube in Georgia could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Nissan and find the lowest possible price either online or from Atlanta insurance agents.
Unthinkable but true, most car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Atlanta could save $960 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It’s a good idea to check car insurance prices every six months because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price on Nissan cube insurance in Atlanta at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Georgia. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$162||$260||$414||$24||$124||$984||$82|
|Cube SL 2WD||$162||$316||$444||$26||$134||$1,082||$90|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$264||$500||$370||$22||$110||$1,266||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence prices significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can influence Nissan cube insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims raise Nissan cube annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lower-cost Atlanta auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Atlanta Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Safety – Passing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-vehicle, driver training, youthful driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for good student, preferred payment discount, new move discount, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, mature driver, group or association, and paperless.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be offered in every state.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan cube has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your Nissan and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
When selecting the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Will my Nissan cube be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my Nissan cube qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Nissan cube?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Atlanta.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you would like to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Atlanta can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Atlanta that can give you competitive price quotes.
- InsuranceHub | Nationwide Insurance | Atlanta Office
1830 Water Pl #105 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (404) 892-2864 – View Map
- Snellings Walters Insurance Agency
1117 Perimeter Center W – Atlanta, GA 30338 – (770) 396-9600 – View Map
- PointeNorth Insurance Group
1100 Cir 75 Pkwy SE #140 – Atlanta, GA 30339 – (800) 634-2903 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Atlanta that are able to give price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3680 Cascade Rd c – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 472-9003 – View Map
- Kerry Mitchell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2900 Chamblee-Tucker Rd, Bldg 15 – Atlanta, GA 30341 – (770) 455-0017 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Drew Niess
3133 Maple Dr NE Ste 100 – Atlanta, GA 30305 – (404) 477-5500 – View Map
Picking a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?