Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Atlanta can overdraw your accounts and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Georgia drivers could save approximately 60% every year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. You have multiple insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find a good deal for Nissan Versa insurance in Atlanta.
Our objective is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and also save some money in the process If you have insurance now, you will be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to shop their coverage around instantly.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings. Many things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- When should you not file a auto insurance claims? - Companies in Georgia provide discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums - Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan Versa if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Lower auto insurance rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Teen drivers pay higher rates - Young drivers in Georgia are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older people are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Versa - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium rates. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Nissan Versa vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Versa Vehicles
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Versa 116 110 92 190 203 138 Nissan Versa Note 112 96 85 161 171 133
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding a better price on car insurance is surprisingly easy. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time comparing price quotes to discover which company has low cost Atlanta car insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Nissan Versa insurance rates online eliminates this option unless you require the professional abilities only provided by licensed Atlanta agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Georgia. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$216||$476||$512||$30||$154||$1,388||$116|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$164||$380||$394||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$336||$720||$516||$30||$154||$1,756||$146|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$292||$812||$414||$24||$124||$1,666||$139|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$264||$704||$378||$22||$114||$1,482||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Atlanta location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Versa insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Georgia. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Versa replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Nissan Versa yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender differences in car insurance premiums
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Versa insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need car insurance
Even though Atlanta Versa insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is required in Georgia but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Nissan Versa with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance rates
Some companies do not advertise every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current Versa insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
To view insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Atlanta, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Atlanta auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Atlanta.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you get quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to give you price quotes.
Discount Auto Insurance Agency Inc
1149 Moreland Ave SE # 4 - Atlanta, GA 30316 - (404) 624-3102 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive agents in Atlanta that can give you price quote information.
Selecting an car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Atlanta should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is the agency active in community causes in Atlanta?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you feel you receive good responses to these questions and low cost Nissan Versa insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing a policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- If my Nissan Versa is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is my Nissan Versa covered for smoke damage?
- Will my Nissan Versa be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
The cheapest Nissan Versa insurance in Atlanta can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Atlanta, so get free Atlanta car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We covered a lot of ways to save on Nissan Versa insurance in Atlanta. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When searching for inexpensive Atlanta car insurance quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)