I can’t think of anyone who loves paying for auto insurance, in particular when they could find better rates elsewhere.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save an average of roughly $850 each year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Atlanta.
It’s a great practice to compare prices once or twice a year since prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rates on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Atlanta last year there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Atlanta can be made easier if you know where to look. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Nevertheless, Georgia drivers do need to learn how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable price quotes in Georgia
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Most major car insurance companies afford a discount to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- How much liability do you need? – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for small economy passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Suzuki Aerio is considered a compact sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower than the average rate where you live in Atlanta.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Improve your credit score – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Suzuki Aerio by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- File car insurance claims and pay more – Auto insurance companies in Georgia award better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Reduce rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Suzuki Aerio has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
To view companies that offer some of these discounts in Atlanta, follow this link.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How are they compensated?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How long has their agency been in business in Atlanta?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you receive good feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a company that can be relied on to adequately provide car insurance.
Can you really save $381 a year?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount if you change your policy. How is it possible that every company can cost less than your current company? It’s all in the words they use.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. One example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. Someone who fits that profile will probably get cheap premium rates and will probably save if they switch.
Consumers who fall outside these criteria will get a more expensive rate which results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. This emphasizes why you need to get as many free Atlanta auto insurance quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Budget-conscious Suzuki Aerio insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
More information is available at the links below
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Atlanta Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)