If you are new to online insurance, you may be confused due to the large selection of insurance providers vying for business in Atlanta.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. Georgia consumers could save up to 60% each year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on Chevy Aveo insurance in Atlanta a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can find a lot of information about Aveo insurance online, but in this article, you're going to get the best ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Atlanta.
Quoting and comparing rates for the lowest-priced protection in Atlanta is not as confusing as people think. Virtually every vehicle owner who shops around for auto insurance will probably get a lower-priced policy. But Georgia drivers must know how companies determine how much to charge.
Four Tips to Get Lower-cost Atlanta Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - Insurance companies have many additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Liability protection preserves assets - Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are found liable for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Your vocation can affect rates - Careers such as judges, architects and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Gender and auto insurance costs - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders have accidents in similar percentages, but males have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so it's important to also get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$224||$448||$406||$24||$122||$1,224||$102|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$328||$706||$402||$24||$120||$1,580||$132|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$332||$592||$402||$24||$120||$1,470||$123|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$372||$444||$26||$134||$1,158||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in Atlanta location which can increase or decrease premium rates considerably.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can raise or lower Chevrolet Aveo insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance in Georgia serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Aveo in Atlanta, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lien holder, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy Aveo but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Save money with these rate reducing discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies reward drivers for switching companies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic.
To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Georgia, click here.
Local Atlanta insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Atlanta.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you're trying to find a local Atlanta insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Atlanta that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Cascade Heights Insurance Agency
833 Cascade Ave SW e - Atlanta, GA 30311 - (404) 758-7811 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Tommy Jones Agency
3201 Atlanta Industrial Pkwy NW b220 - Atlanta, GA 30331 - (404) 660-3821 - View Map
- Perimeter Insurance Agency
5855 Buford Hwy NE # E - Atlanta, GA 30340 - (770) 452-8881 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Atlanta exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
- Eddie Sanders - State Farm Insurance Agent
47 Perimeter Center E #130 - Atlanta, GA 30346 - (770) 394-5068 - View Map
- Aaron Frazier - State Farm Insurance Agent
NE, 4246 Peachtree Rd NE #7 - Atlanta, GA 30319 - (404) 233-4847 - View Map
- Cleo Meyer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1776 Peachtree St NE #346s - Atlanta, GA 30309 - (404) 817-0960 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- If they are an independent agency in Atlanta, which companies do they recommend?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Should I buy only the required Georgia minimum liability coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Quote often and quote early
Budget-conscious Chevy Aveo insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Atlanta agents, so you need to shop Atlanta car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Chevy Aveo insurance in Atlanta. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Atlanta car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford Edge in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)