Searching for low-cost Chevy Tahoe insurance in Atlanta? Perplexed by the sheer number of insurance sources available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Consumers have so many sources available that it can turn into a chore to find better prices for Chevy Tahoe insurance in Atlanta. Atlanta is a great place to live, but expensive insurance premiums can make it very difficult to afford good insurance coverage.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. The average driver in Georgia could cut their rates by as much as $960 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage on a regular basis since rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rate on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Atlanta on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Best companies for cheap Chevy Tahoe insurance in Georgia
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Atlanta, GA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$294||$502||$402||$24||$120||$1,342||$112|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$296||$502||$414||$24||$124||$1,360||$113|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$380||$630||$532||$32||$158||$1,732||$144|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$310||$508||$532||$32||$158||$1,540||$128|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$208||$436||$476||$28||$142||$1,290||$108|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$328||$742||$444||$26||$134||$1,674||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Georgia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in Atlanta location which can lower or raise rates noticeably.
Cautious drivers save money
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Chevrolet Tahoe insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below shows the difference between Chevrolet Tahoe insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Chevrolet Tahoe replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Raise deductibles and save
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Chevrolet Tahoe premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts can help save money on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Atlanta
Auto insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Tahoe insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new Tahoe can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for type of vehicle, professional/association, location of vehicle, multi-policy, good driver, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, pay in full, alternative fuel, teen driver, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and driver training.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple policy, accident-free, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, economy car, early signing, eSmart discount, 55 and retired, and senior citizen.
- GEICO has savings for good student, air bags, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Atlanta. To see insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Atlanta car insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Atlanta are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Atlanta exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Geoff Carlson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1465 Chattahoochee Ave NW #550 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (678) 927-9977 – View Map
- Shiron Kilgore – State Farm Insurance Agent
42 Forsyth St NW – Atlanta, GA 30303 – (404) 527-4883 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3680 Cascade Rd c – Atlanta, GA 30331 – (404) 472-9003 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Atlanta independent insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Yates Insurance Agency
2800 Century Pkwy NE #300 – Atlanta, GA 30345 – (404) 633-4321 – View Map
- Access General Agency Inc
1627 Peachtree St NE – Atlanta, GA 30309 – (404) 817-9744 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Kevin Thompson Agency
216 14th St NW #8 – Atlanta, GA 30318 – (470) 355-1973 – View Map
Affordable coverage is out there
Low-cost Chevy Tahoe insurance in Atlanta is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Tahoe insurance premium rates in Atlanta. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Atlanta auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Focus in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)