Pricey Chevrolet TrailBlazer insurance in Atlanta can drain your personal savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Doing a price comparison is recommended to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A recent survey discovered that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save $859 every year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Atlanta.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes at least once a year since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the best premium rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Atlanta two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You can find a lot of information about TrailBlazer insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some great ways to save money.
Don’t overlook these Chevy TrailBlazer insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on your computer.
- Resident Student – Kids who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on TrailBlazer insurance in Atlanta.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Atlanta, click here to view.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Atlanta, GA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Insurers Determine Chevy TrailBlazer Insurance Prices
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
- Your car’s features help determine prices – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet TrailBlazer is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Atlanta. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Frequent policy claims will cost more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Georgia award cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your TrailBlazer is just wasting money. Make sure your insurance policy shows the correct usage.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Comparing prices from local Atlanta auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Atlanta who will give you bids to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Atlanta, get answers to these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
When researching a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Atlanta who may provide you with rate quotes.
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Atlanta willing to provide comparison quotes.
Gibb Insurance Agency
991 Cascade Rd SW – Atlanta, GA 30311 – (404) 758-3511 – View Map
Buying the right TrailBlazer insurance in Georgia is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy TrailBlazer insurance, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Georgia these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your TrailBlazer, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Be persistent to save money
Cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Atlanta can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Atlanta? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Atlanta Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)